Monday, July 21, 2008
Introduction
Hello, I am a high school student and this is my economics/community service class project. The purpose of this blog is to provide readers with information on retirement; mainly social security, Medicare, and Medicaid. The biggest concern about retirement has to do with money and how individuals can pay for all of their health bills that usually increase as they age. I chose this topic because I have seen how some of my relatives suffer and I don’t think they should have to worry about things in their “golden years”. As social security declines and the time limit is set on how long the government can keep up with payments we might ask ourselves what the government is or will do to help the people. I believe that because of the shortage of social security, Medicare, and Medicaid help that the elderly receive; the government should step up and do their job by working for the people by the people. In addition to the social security problem, the current recession and inflation in prices in America is also putting a damper on most retiree’s once comfortable lives. My blog will contain informative posts, real stories from people about their lives and concerns, helpful tips, and the views of the presidential candidates on the social security issue. Hopefully this blog will help you see the truth about retirement and how to be more prepared for the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment